Friday, June 22, 2012

Update: Rserve/FastRWeb

I just installed Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and Rserve/FastRWeb per my own instructions, below in the blog.  Installing cairo (required for package Cairo) was more work than I remembered, but perhaps I just didn't remember.

However, I had a real gotcha when testing Simon's example1.png.R: the page displayed with a black background, the red points visible but the axes (in black) almost completely invisible.  I was sure it was my fault.  Nope.

Turns out to be an issue with the newest Mozilla, and has an easy fix:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/old-default-image-style/

I hope that helps someone.

1 comment:

  1. This article provides an insightful update on the latest developments regarding Rserve/FastRWeb, shedding light on the enhancements and optimizations made to these powerful tools for deploying R-based applications. Thank you for the information.

    Please visit our website: https://bie.telkomuniversity.ac.id/

    ReplyDelete